Pot, 2nd Volunteer Battalion DLI
Officers' Mess, Silver Penny Pot, 2nd Volunteer Battalion DLI, 1901-1908. This small, white china pot is decorated with gold edging and the battalion crest in green - an oak tree with leaves and acorn below a King's crown. Underneath the pot is an inscription stating that this pot is a model of a bronze pot found in Aberdeen in 1886 containing over 12,000 silver coins. The 2nd Volunteer Battalion DLI had its Headquarters in Bishop Auckland. In 1908 it became the 6th Battalion DLI. Acc No: 624
Return to DLI Collections home page.