Bass Drum, 6 DLI, c.1958-1968
Bass Drum, 6th Battalion DLI, 1958-1968. This drum was made by Henry Potter and has a wooden shell with the skin heads tensioned with blackened ropes. Painted on the drum are the Royal Crest, Regimental Battle Honours and 6 DLI's badge - an oak tree with leaves and acorn. This Territorial battalion had its Headquarters in Bishop Auckland. Acc No: 4110/2
Return to DLI Collections home page.