Bass Drum, 6 DLI
Bass Drum, 6th Battalion DLI, about 1924. This drum was made by Hawkes & Son and has a wooden shell with the skin heads tensioned with blackened ropes. Painted on the drum are the Royal Crest, Regimental badge and the DLI's Battle Honours up to the end of the First World War. The 6th Battalion DLI was a Territorial battalion formed in 1908 and with its Headquarters in Bishop Auckland. Acc No: 1357/1
Return to DLI Collections home page.