DLI Objects

Badges | Coats | Equipment | Flags | Hats | Miscellaneous | Music | Silver | Sport | Weapons

Tunic, South Durham Militia


Officer's Full Dress Tunic, 1st South Durham Militia, 1855-1868. This scarlet jacket has white facings (collar and cuffs) with silver lace and buttons. On the collar are the rank badges worn by a major. This uniform belonged to Archibald Cochrane of Langton Grange, County Durham, who served in the South Durham Militia from 1853 to 1869. The South Dutham Militia had its Headquarters in Barnard Castle. The Regiment became the 3rd Battalion DLI in 1881. Acc No: 4113


Return to DLI Collections home page.