Colour, 2 Bombay ELI
Colour Centrepiece, 2nd Bombay European Light Infantry, 1846-1860. This is all that remains of the Regimental Colour presented to the 2nd Bombay European Light Infantry at Belgaum in India in January 1846. The background is buff silk with the Regimental name and badge set in a red silk oval. The number '2' inside a curled French horn with a crown above is embroidered in silver and scarlet thread. The 2nd Bombay European Light Infantry was part of the East India Company's Army. In 1861, with the end of 'John Company', the Regiment became part of the British Army and was renamed the 106th Light Infantry. In 1881 the 106th LI became the 2nd Battalion DLI. This Colour was carried in action during the Battle of Koosab in Persia in February 1857. Acc No: 819
Return to DLI Collections home page.