Battle Dress, 6 DLI
Private's Battle Dress, 6th Battalion DLI, about 1950. This khaki blouse has black DLI buttons with DLI and 50th Division 'TT' cloth shoulder titles. The dark green beret has a black DLI cap badge on a red diamond cloth patch. The webbing belts, pouches and gaiters have all been painted black. The 6th Battalion DLI was a Territorial battalion with its Headquarters in Bishop Auckland. Proud of its Rifle Volunteer origins, 6 DLI wore black badges and carried no Colours (flags). Acc No: 1081
Return to DLI Collections home page.