Side Drum, 9 DLI
Side Drum, 9th Battalion DLI, about 1922. This drum was made by Kaloton and has a shallow metal shell with the skin heads tensioned with rope. Painted on the drum are the Regimental badge and Battle Honours up to the end of the First World War. The 9th Battalion DLI was a Territorial battalion formed in 1908 and with its Headquarters in Gateshead. Acc No: 1357/5
Return to DLI Collections home page.